Your elected representatives

To find out who represents you, type in your postcode to

‘Write to them’ has a useful template from which you can contact your Member of Parliament, your county councillor, your city/district/town and parish councillors. While we remain in the European Union, you can also contact your Members of the European Parliament on that link.

Local councils

Cambridge City Council is responsible for all of these functions.

To contact the council directly, see

For those of you who live just outside Cambridge, South Cambridgeshire District Council is responsible with parish and town councils for a similar set of public services.

Cambridgeshire County Council

Cambridgeshire County Council is responsible for the above services

To contact the county council directly, please see

For more information on residents associations:
Cambridge City Council: Subscribe for email alerts
Email them to register your RA:


Planning applications

Cambridge City Council: View and comment on a planning application
For independent advice on the planning system, see the Royal Town Planning Institute’s Planning Aid pages

Greater Cambridge City Deal

This is an agreement between the local councils and central government to provide the Greater Cambridge area with extra funds to pay for infrastructure projects. See for more information. The City Deal Authorities have set up local liaison forums for area-specific schemes.


Facebook links

Democracy Cambridge


Twitter links

Wendy Blythe

Greater Cambridge